The IATF (International Automotive Task Force) published IATF 16949 in October 2016 as part of continual advancements in standards for quality management systems. Over the past several months all ERNST locations have been successfully certified based on this new “high-level structure”. The primary changes and/or additions contained in the new standard may be summarised as follows:
- Emphasis is placed on product safety
- Increased importance is placed on supplier management
- Emphasis is placed on training needs and skills
- Lean management and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) are adopted as standards
- Risk analyses are required for significant processes
In general, the new IATF 16949 promotes and demands “risk-based thinking” for all processes.
“We are proud to be able to offer our customers comparable, high-level quality standards around the world as a result of this step,” explains a satisfied ERNST QM Officer Joachim Kiene.